564. News: Is Monzo professionalising Buy Now Pay Later?
David Brear and Benjamin Ensor are joined by some great guests from Truelayer, Evening Standard and The Fintech Times to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Monzo launches their Buy Now Pay Later product – Monzo Flex, QED announces $1 billion fintech war chest, and face payments launched on the Moscow Metro and so much more!
Our expert hosts, David Brear and Benjamin Ensor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Roger De’ath, Head of eCommerce at Truelayer
- Oscar Williams-Grut, City Editor at Evening Standard
- Polly Jean Harrison, Journalist at The Fintech Times
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Monzo unveils buy now, pay later product with £3,000 limit - 5:35
- QED announces $1 billion fintech war chest - 19:35
- TrueLayer teams up with Cazoo to power open banking payments and refunds - 27:30
- Varo raise $510M in Series E funding - 36:15
- One in five consumers blocked from paying with cash, raising concerns for the elderly and vulnerable - 41:57
- Former Wise employees raise $8.5M for multicurrency investing app - 44:00
- Ripple vets unveil global micropayments network for Web 3.0 - 45:18
- Russian bank VTB is piloting ‘face pay’ technology - 48:00
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is sponsored by LetsDeel.
There's a better way to hire internationally, and it starts with Deel. Everything from contract creation, record keeping, payments, and full-time employment is all in one place for teams all over the world.
Companies anywhere can hire compliantly everywhere thanks to Deel. It's payroll and compliance built for today's worldwide workforce.
To learn more, visit letsdeel/11fs, and redeem an exclusive offer of 3 months free when you hire a contractor and 20% for your first year when you hire an employee.
This episode is sponsored by Fintech Meetup.
This episode is sponsored by Fintech Meetup. Fintech Meetup is the world’s largest fintech meetings event, facilitating more than 30,000 meetings for 4,000 participants. It takes place online, March 8-10, 2022. Our participants will meet everyone they need to meet, including Startups, Established Fintechs, Investors, Banks and Credit Unions, Media and Analysts and more. For more information and to get your ticket, go to [www.fintechmeetup.com](www.fintechmeetup.com).
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Oscar Williams-Grut, Polly Jean Harrison, and Roger DeAth.
- Monzo unveils buy now, pay later product with £3,000 limit
- QED announces $1 billion fintech war chest
- TrueLayer teams up with Cazoo to power open banking payments and refunds
- Varo raise $510M in Series E funding
- One in five consumers blocked from paying with cash, raising concerns for the elderly and vulnerable
- Former Wise employees raise $8.5M for multicurrency investing app
- Ripple vets unveil global micropayments network for Web 3.0
- Russian bank VTB is piloting ‘face pay’ technology