399. News: Will Goldman Sachs and Amazon conquer the SMB space?
Leda Glyptis and David Brear are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Could Goldman Sachs and Amazon join forces on small business lending?, two more payments giants are consolidating, and banker busted for allegedly filching food.
Our expert hosts, Leda Glyptis and David Brear, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- David Rosa, Co-Founder at Neat
- Lois Ollerenshaw, Ventures at Nationwide
- Sam Lathey, Co-Founder and CEO of Bippit
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Goldman Sachs in talks with Amazon about small business loans (05:16)
- Worldline to buy Ingenico for $8.6 billion (13:09)
- Revolut moves European payments to Ireland and Lithuanian (20:10)
- Remitly starts US banking service aimed at immigrants (33:44)
- Australian fintechs split on screen scraping ban (43:05)
- Texas Capital Bank reveals account that pays air miles (54:17)
- Trader suspended for allegedly stealing sandwiches (56:54)
FinovateSpring is happening in San Francisco on May 27th to 29th. Built around live, 7-minute demos of the latest fintech innovations, FinovateSpring is the West Coast’s premier fintech event. Network with more than 1200 senior-level attendees – with more than 50% from financial institutions - from the Midwest and Western United States, Latin America, APAC, Canada, Australia, and beyond. And gain insights from more than 120 expert speakers on the future of finance. For more information visit finovatespring.com, and don’t forget that the code 11FS will get you a 20% discount on your registration.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email email@example.com!
Special Guests: David Rosa, Lois Ollerenshaw, and Sam Lathey.
- Goldman Sachs in talks with Amazon about small business loans
- Worldline to buy Ingenico for $8.6 billion
- Revolut moves European payments to Ireland and Lithuania
- Remitly starts US banking service aimed at immigrants
- Australian fintechs split on screen scraping ban
- Texas Capital Bank reveals account that pays air miles
- Trader suspended for allegedly stealing sandwiches