78. Blockchain and Crypto Predictions 2019
We. Are. Here. Simon and Colin are predicting all the things that could happen in the world of blockchain in 2019.
Far from a field, Simon and Colin are in the studio talking about what they think's going to happen around blockchain in 2019.
First off, we take a look at some of the predictions from last year. Some worked out great...others not so much. For the predictions our hosts have some interesting theories and touch on quite a few...
- The crypto part of "crypto" becomes much more important than the asset or currency part
- DLT makes a comeback
- Institutions dip a toe in the water as infrastructure build out hardens
- Regulatory clarity comes at last
- New projects are born that go on to be household names in the next decade
- Numbers go… sideways?
- Zombie Marmot Apocalypse.
- Stablecoins, they’re dumb, people will realise that they’re dumb, but not before giving them all their money.
- Securities tokens. Another market realisation will likely be that issuing a security is more than just filing some papers to issue a security
All this and so much more on this week's episode of Blockchain Insider. And if you enjoyed our tweet of the week why not send us your best tweets? See if you can get a shout out on the show!
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe!
Want to join the conversation on all the topics discussed? Tweet the show @bchaininsider and if you really love the show, please leave us a review on iTunes.
This week's episode of Blockchain Insider was produced by Laura Watkins and Petrit Berisha. Edited by Alex Woodhouse.