85. News: Insurtechs IPOs & Ex-Uber CEO changes gear to car insurance
Sarah Kocianski and Nigel Walsh are joined by a panel of guests to talk about the latest news in the global insurtech and insurance space, including: Covid claims lead to profit plunges, Ex-Uber CEO takes on car insurance and Elon Musk continues his venture in to the world of insurance!
Sarah Kocianski and Nigel Walsh are joined by a panel of great guests to discuss the latest news in the insurance and insurtech sphere.
Joining us today are:
- Callum Rimmer - Founder & CEO, ByBits
- Freddy Macnamara - CEO and Founder, Cuvva.com
We cover the following stories in the insurtech and insurance sphere:
- Covid claims lead to Beazley profit plunge (03:35)
- Oscar Health files for IPO while Hippo in talks to do the same (11:35)
- Ex-Uber staffer Ryan Graves to invest $50mn in Metromile (21:36)
- Insurtech feels the love with partnerships (29:21)
- The revisit of Elon Musk, the insurance man! (38:00)
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider!
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Hanna Samuelson and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
Special Guests: Callum Rimmer and Freddy Macnamara.
- Covid claims lead to Beazley profit plunge | Latest News | Insurance Times
- Alphabet-backed Oscar Health files for IPO as telehealth market booms | Reuters
- Insurtech Hippo in Talks to Go Public via Merger With SPAC: Bloomberg
- Uber's Ryan Graves to invest $50mn in Metromile - Reinsurance News
- Trov, Agero, Swoop new partnerships: Roundup | Digital Insurance
- Texas Approves Redpoint/Tesla Auto Insurance Policy Form