79. News: Insurtech crowdfunding is hot right now!
Nigel Walsh is joined by a panel of guests to talk through the latest news in the global insurance and insurtech space!
Nigel Walsh is joined by a panel of guests to talk about the latest news in the insurance and insurtech sphere! Joining him today are:
- Sophie Winwood, Investor at Anthemis
- Michael Lewis, CEO of Claim Technology
- Mike Roy, CEO of Dark Matter Insurtech
We cover the following newstories:
- Does your car insurance policy cover you during the second lock down? (05:04)
- Investments in the insurance space booms despite second lock down (11:08)
- Crowdfunding is really hot right now (21:48)
- Acquisitions are taking place - and they’re big (30:57)
- Covid stress or miscarriage could stop you from getting insurance (39:17)
- New UAE car insurer rewards good behaviour with freebies (48:48)
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider!
This Podcast is brought to you by Lerex
Lerex is a Payment solutions provider that brings Prepaid debit cards to market for your business.
Setting up a prepaid card can be complex. Lerex combines their experience with a cutting edge platform to set up and manage this on your behalf.
Whether it's a card to help your clients settle claims more easily, or to improve your business’s digital payment capabilities, Visit www.lerextech.com to learn more.
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Hanna Samuelson and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
Special Guests: Michael Lewis, Mike Roy, and Sophie Winwood.
- Coronavirus: Motorists 'will still be insured' for non-essential lockdown journeys | UK News | Sky News
- Drivers warned car insurance may be invalid for non-essential journeys in lockdown - Mirror Online
- Motor Insurance ABI
- Insurtech investment keeps pace, but not all will survive the pandemic | Insurance Business
- Laka Exceeds £1m Investment Target To Flip The Insurance Industry
- Laka Insurance | Crowdfunding Campaign | Seedrs
- Upside Saving | EIS Crowdfunding Investment | Seedrs
- Why we’re Crowdfunding - Equipsme
- Meet Marshmallow, an insurtech startup that aims to take on insurance giants with new approach, bags £23.2M - UKTN (UK Tech News)
- Why This Insurance-Tech Pioneer Opted for a Sale Instead of an IPO | Barron's
- Bold Penguin to acquire insurtech RiskGenius - Reinsurance News
- Sorry... | The Times
- New digital car insurance in the UAE rewards motorists for driving safely | Transport – Gulf News