634. News: Alloy and Nova Credit partner to help migrants and green fintech initiative launched
Gwera Kiwana and Sim Rai are joined by some great guests to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including: Nova Credit Teams with Alloy on inclusive business lending, world's first green fintech taxonomy launched, and Sex Pistols launch God Save the Queen coin and NFT collection.
Our expert hosts, Gwera Kiwana and Sim Rai, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Eric Johansson, Fintech Editor, Verdict
- Brian Bender, VP of Strategic Alliances, Alloy
With soundclips from:
- Gerrit Sindermann, Project Director, Green Digital Fintech Alliance
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Nova Credit Teams with Alloy on Inclusive Business Lending - 4:25
- World's first green fintech taxonomy launched - 14:45
- African growth promise tempts investors - 26:00
- Embattled payments startup Bolt is cutting one-third of staff - 34:40
- Bank of America boss Moynihan knocks crypto - 44:10
- Varo, first chartered neobank, could run out of money by end of year, regulatory filings show - 45:40
- Sex Pistols announce commemorative God Save The Queen coin and NFT - 48:50
This episode is sponsored by Alto IRA
Did you know the majority of people are investing in cryptocurrency through a taxable account, when they could be using an IRA and avoiding or deferring the taxes?
With an Alto CryptoIRA, you can invest in crypto without tax headaches. Create a free account in minutes. Choose from over 150 coins, and invest with as little as $10. No setup charges and no account fees.
To open an Alto CryptoIRA with as little as $10, just go to www.altoira.com/insider
This episode is sponsored by TrueLayer
Let’s face it, cards were not designed for online. Payments can take days to settle, hurting customer loyalty. While high fraud, clunky checkouts and expensive fees mean millions in missed revenue.
At TrueLayer, we’ve made instant payments available for businesses across Europe and the UK. So you can cut costs, fight fraud and get money moving fast.
To learn more visit: www.TrueLayer.com/payments
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Brian Bender, Eric Johansson, and Gerrit Sindermann.
- Nova Credit Teams with Alloy on Inclusive Business Lending
- World's first green fintech taxonomy launched
- African growth promise tempts investors
- Embattled payments startup Bolt is cutting one-third of staff
- Bank of America boss Moynihan knocks crypto
- Varo, First Chartered Neobank, Could Run Out of Money By End of Year, Regulatory Filings Show
- Sex Pistols announce commemorative God Save The Queen coin and NFT