Ep256 – News: We’re Breaking Free
In this episode David, Jason and Simon jump into the news accompanied by Richard Davies. This week borderless bank accounts, […]
In this episode
David, Jason and Simon jump into the news accompanied by Richard Davies. This week borderless bank accounts, can your voice be secure and we make Simon talk Apple pay.
We also have interviews from Transferwise, Seedrs and Pensionbee to cover their big announcements this week.
- Richard Davies Global Head of Propositions at HSBC
- Joe Cross General Manager at Transferwise
- Jeff Lynn CEO at Seedrs
- Romina Savova CEO at Pensionbee
News this week
- Techcrunch – TransferWise launches ‘Borderless’ account for businesses, sole traders and freelancers – Link
- BBC fools HSBC voice recognition security system – Link
- Apple Pay now supports higher value transactions at most UK contactless tills – Link
- American Banker – If banks wait for APIs to be mandated, it will be too late – Link
- British firm Seedrs plans a secondary market for crowd-funded shares – Link
- afr.com – How Pocketbook went from a Sydney spreadsheet to a fintech with 300,000 users – Link
- PensionsBee partners with Revolut
- Crypto craziness! A story on it all going off!
- Reuters – BofA, HSBC, Intel, others invest $107 mln in blockchain startup R3 – Link