Ep253 – CyberRansomWarfare!
In this episode Jason, Simon and Andra are joined by Myke and Liz for the news. We find out if bitcoin […]
In this episode
Jason, Simon and Andra are joined by Myke and Liz for the news. We find out if bitcoin to blame for ransomware, whether consumers actually want to cut the banks out of loans. Everyone debates why anyone would want to buy the Co-Op. Jason commits a vile podcast sin and will Google be your next bank?
- Elizabeth Lumley FinTech commentator & Author of girl-disrupted.com
- Myke Hurley Co-Founder at Relay FM
News this week
- BBC News – Massive ransomware infection hits computers in 99 countries – Link
- The Register – After years of warnings, mobile network hackers exploit SS7 flaws to drain bank accounts – Link
- Business Insider – Zopa becomes the first of the ‘Big 3’ peer-to-peer lenders to be authorised by the City watchdog – Link
- Business Insider – Startup bank Tandem cuts headcount after funding setback – Link
- City AM – Virgin Money walks away from Co-op Bank takeover talks after months of speculation – Link
- Quartz – The world’s most successful mobile money market is introducing cross-network transfer systems – Link
- Symphony secure messaging app gets 63m at 1b – Link
- Fortune – Amex debuts its first Alexa Skill – Link
- Harvard Business Review – Link
- Finextra – UK consumers ready to swap banks for tech giants – Link
- Money Watch – DrnkPay: Payments System Aims To Stop Drunken Spending – Link
Special Guest: Liz Lumley.