Ep250 – If You Liked It, Then You Should’ve Put A Blockchain On It
In this episode We discuss what a challenger bank really is – drawing a line in the sand for who […]
In this episode
We discuss what a challenger bank really is – drawing a line in the sand for who is and who isn’t in the cool kids club. Alipay seems to be taking over the world through tourism, we discuss how that strategy might be the best route into the west. Debit cards are finding into the hands on children, how do we make sure kids don’t go crazy with (and power) – is this the new way for banks to acquire customers? All this and more on the news this week.
- Elizabeth Lumley FinTech commentator & Author of girl-disrupted.com
- Ajit Tripathi, Director, Fintech and Digital Banking at PwC
- Dave Tonge, CTO at Moneyhub
- James Lloyd, Asia-Pacific Fintech Leader at EY
- Julian Sawyer, COO at Starling Bank
Our community contribution was from Nina Mohanty this week (@ninamohanty)
News this week
- Banking Technology – FinTech companies blast banks over PSD2 direct access angst – Link
- The Telegraph – Upstart Challenger Banks eye consolidation – Link
- Banking Technology – Deutsche Bank leads charge for pan-industry e-identity platform – Link
- Bloomberg – Apple Can Thank Alipay for Shopping – Link
- Global Times – WeChat expands in US, EU – Link
- MacRumours – Visa and Payments Startup ‘Current’ Launch Debit Card for Kids That Ties to Parental Control App – Link
- Banking Innovation – Barclays Gives Users Total Control Over Debit in Effort to Stop Card Fraud – Link
- FT – Aviva chief executive hits out at personal insurance market – Link
- Recode – Square is rolling out its first debit card – Link
- Finextra – Starling opens payment services unit – Link
- Reuters – Top French bank chief attacks no-frills rivals for freeloading – Link
The post Ep250 – If You Liked It, Then You Should’ve Put A Blockchain On It appeared first on 11:FS.
Special Guest: Liz Lumley.