Ep128 – How FinTech is Revolutionising SMEs
In this episode Business banking sucks, but it doesn’t have to, say this week’s stellar guests. The CEO of Tide and Co-Founders of […]
In this episode
Business banking sucks, but it doesn’t have to, say this week’s stellar guests. The CEO of Tide and Co-Founders of xero and Penta join us to discuss how fintech is revolutionising SMEs (small- to medium sized enterprises/businesses). We talk to them about how fintech is giving business owners their lives back, simplifying processes, improving customer service, and saving them hours on admin every week so they can focus on growing their business.
Work/life balance is a major problem for small business owners, who work their day job then spend hours on admin in the evening. Software and smart solutions created by our guests and other fintechs will solve that problem. “So your admin requirement is going to go away dramatically and you’ll get your life back. That’s my prediction for the next five years,” says George Bevis, CEO of Tide.
- George Bevis, CEO of Tide @GeorgeBevis
- Gary Turner, Co-Founder and Managing Director at xero @garyturner
- Luka Ivicevic, Co-Founder at Penta @lukaivicev
- Ghela Boskovich, founder of FemTechGlobal @GhelaBoskovich (thanks for guest co-hosting, Ghela!)
News this week
- Finextra – China tops fintech ranking Link
- International Business Times – The ‘fintech’ approach to data science and machine learning – Link
- Finovate – Santander investing in Tradeshift – Link
- TechCrunch – N26 launches in 17 more countries…but backs away from UK launch plans – Link
- Forbes – Amazon Go Ends Checkout Lines And Shoplifting, Begins A New Era In Retail – Link