118 Money20/20 What Happens in Vegas…
In this episode Nothing scandalous happens in Vegas at Money20/20; let’s just get that out of the way. In its fifth […]
In this episode
Nothing scandalous happens in Vegas at Money20/20; let’s just get that out of the way. In its fifth year, Money20/20 is an event that people attend mostly to network and dance awkwardly at after parties. But in between those things, some great discussions happen. This year, financial inclusion was top of mind. Alipay surprised everyone with its announcement of going global. And Chris got a tattoo!
Chloé James – of Sky News Australia and RFi – attended Money20/20 with Chris, and joined him and the other 11:FS lads to chat about it.
News this week
- FT – See the companies included in the Future of Fintech Awards shortlist – Link
- BBC – Brexit court defeat for UK government – Link
- Reuters – UK fintech finds EU barriers emerging after Brexit vote – Link
- City A.M. – City passporting rights deal “unachievable” in Brexit negotiations, warns top EU financial lawyer – Link
- City A.M. – UK fintech pushes for its very own “Big Bang” moment – Link
- FinExtra – Mastercard releases blockchain APIs – Link
- American Banker – How Zcash Tries to Balance Privacy, Transparency in Blockchain – Link
- Business Insider – The fintech startup founded by ex-Barclays CEO Antony Jenkins has already done its first big deal – Link
- BBC – Facebook blocks Admiral’s car insurance discount plan – Link
Also, hot off the press (or YouTube), check out Chris’ talk at Agenda FinXTech Summit Open Sourcing Finance: How FinTech Firms are Building a ValueWeb