Ep115 – Nordic FinTech: Thor the Win
In this episode FinTech is heating up in the Nordics, where 11:FS’s Chris Skinner chairs the Nordic Finance Innovation Group. The region is punching […]
In this episode
FinTech is heating up in the Nordics, where 11:FS’s Chris Skinner chairs the Nordic Finance Innovation Group. The region is punching above its weight in terms of innovation (Spotify and Skype, anyone?).
You’ll hear interviews from Iren Tranvåg (@IrenTranvaag) – CEO at Nordic Finance Innovation; Søren Rode Andreasen (@RodeAndreasen) – Development Director for Core Banking at Danske Bank Group; Jarkko Turunen (@jarkkoturunen) – Head of Open Banking at Nordea; and Sergii Danylenko, Marketing Director at PrivatBank. We’re also joined by FinTech journalist Anna Irrera (@annairrera).
News this week
- Finextra – The bank of the future will be invisible Link
- Reuters – Blockchain platform developed by banks to be open-source Link
- Coindesk – Hopes Are High Tomorrow’s Ethereum Fork Won’t Be Like the Last Link
- Finextra – New EU rules could cost UK firms £122bn in cybersecurity fines – PCI SSC Link
- Economist – Hide and seek: Bangladesh’s missing millions Link
- Forbes – Survey On Consumer Attitudes Toward Fintech Spells Trouble For Banks Link
- Quartz – Twitter fired its new VR manager because of something he posted to Facebook years ago Link
- The Nordic Web – The Q3 2016 Nordic Exit Analysis Link