Ep. 226. 11:FS Presents One Fintech Nation - Bursting the London Fintech Bubble
In this episode Simon Taylor takes a look at fintech beyond the London bubble. In association with Tech Nation we examine what's going on in fintech across the country.
Today's insights show shines a light on the regional fintech spaces across the UK.
Fantastic insights are given by fintech experts who are working successfully outside of London and making waves in the fintech space:
- Lisa Wood, CMO at Atom, the challenger bank based in Durham, in North East England
- Chris Sier, Fintech Envoy for the North of England
- James Varga, CEO and Co-founder of the ID Company, based in Edinburgh
- Richard Theo, CEO and Co-founder of Wealthify, based in Cardiff, and newly appointed Fintech Envoy for Wales
- Virraj Jatania, CEO and founder of Pockit
- Paul Rippon, Deputy CEO at Monzo
We want to burst the London fintech bubble and talk about UK fintech successes across the whole country.
We’re going to be taking a look at the under the radar success stories across the UK, particularly those outside of the behemoth of the London bubble.
We hope you enjoyed the show! Don't forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode, and follow Fintech Insider on Twitter or Facebook.
If you really loved it, please leave us a review, we love reading them!
Special Guests: Chris Sier, Gregoire Michel, James Varga, Lisa Wood, Paul Rippon, Richard Theo, and Virraj Jatania.
- Tech Nation: Tech Nation believes the UK is the best place in the world to start and grow a digital business.Tech Nation is expanding their network of growth programmes, events, skills and data resources to reach all corners and clusters of the UK. Their newly launched Fintech programme is aimed at company founders. Through a 24 hour induction, series of in-depth learning sessions, networking events and a three-day international showcase trip, you'll become part of the very first Tech Nation Fintech cohort. Insights sessions will be delivered by some of the most established fintech entrepreneurs, investors and partners, who will cover topics such as regulation, partnering with banks and expanding internationally. Find out more here: https://technation.io/programmes/fintech/