17. Bitcoin price explodes, ICOs implode and CEO of Ripple Interview
This week Simon and Colin talk through the Bitcoin good news story as well as Tezos, R3, and much more. Plus, we hear Sam Maule talk to Brad Garlinghouse, CEO of Ripple.
First up on this week’s show, Bitcoin keeps marching on, and it seems institutional money is behind its buoyancy. BlackRock, LedgerX, Wall Street - why it’s good news that everyone’s got an opinion on Bitcoin right now. The guys also dissect the Tezos story and ask: is it possible to raise too much money? With speculation that Tezos attracted nearly $300 million under a foundation model in Switzerland, the guys discuss how the situation will unfold. Meanwhile, with news that the Commodities Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has aligned itself with the SEC in determining that ICOs can be commodities, are we seeing an emerging consensus towards blockchain in the US?
Plus, we have a guest appearance from Fintech Insider’s Sam Maule, who caught up with Brad Garlinghouse, CEO of Ripple, at Swell – Ripple’s payments conference – last week.
Also on today’s show – how £11 trillion in derivatives is getting closer to the Blockchain; why Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella challenged Swift to build useful Blockchain applications; R3’s patent application; mining for charity; and much more.
We hope you enjoy the show and, as ever, don't forget to subscribe.
Missing out on the conversation? Tweet the show @bchaininsider or to read more about the news stories and have your say visit fintechinsidernews.com.
Special Guest: Brad Garlinghouse.
- Quiet Surge: Bitcoin Price Sets New High Above $6,000 - CoinDesk
- BlackRock Strategist: There's No 'Right or Wrong' Price for Bitcoin - CoinDesk
- LedgerX Trades $1 Million in Bitcoin Derivatives in First Week - CoinDesk
- Subscribe to read
- Special Report: Backroom battle imperils $230 million cryptocurrency venture
- The Path Forward – ArthurB – Medium
- Refund for the Tezos ICO - Restis Law Firm, P.C.
- Case » Block & Leviton LLP
- CFTC Aligns With SEC: ICO Tokens Can Be Commodities - CoinDesk
- DTCC Milestone: $11 Trillion in Derivatives Gets Closer to the Blockchain - CoinDesk
- Microsoft CEO Challenges Swift: Build 'Useful' Blockchain Applications - CoinDesk
- R3 Files Patents for 'Dynamic' DLT Recordkeeping - CoinDesk
- Donate Your Tab
- MIT Issues Diplomas Using the Bitcoin Blockchain