817. News: Elon Musk's X Announce Peer-to-Peer Payments
David Barton-Grimley and Rachel Pandyan are joined by some great guests to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including: P2P payments are coming to X, Revolut are facing a class action lawsuit for biometric data breaches, mortgages rates are coming down, and Andaria partners with Mastercard to improve their embedded finance offering.
Our expert hosts, David Barton-Grimley and Rachel Pandyan, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, finance and banking news from the past week.
From Elon Musk's 'everything app' to the SEC's bitcoin ETF approvals, via Revolut biometrics data lawsuit, it's been quite a week in the world of fintech, and we have you covered with expert reaction, analysis and insight.
This week's guests include:
- Nirav Patel, CEO at Andaria Financial Services
- Jason Mikula, Founder of Fintech Business Weekly
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- X, formerly Twitter, announce peer-to-peer payments in 2024
- [Embedded finance firm Andaria partner with Mastercard](Embedded finance firm Andaria to partner with Mastercard)
- Revolut face class action lawsuit over biometric data collection
- Barclays and Santander slash rates as UK mortgages get cheaper
- The U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) approve new bitcoin Exchange-Traded Products (ETFs)
- China's Ant Group eye up $200m acquisition of Dutch fintech MultiSafePay
- Pothole insurance claims reach record highs
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a bi-weekly podcast dedicated to all things finance, banking, technology, and financial services.
Our expert hosts, with real industry experience, are joined by the biggest decision-makers, VCs, and reporters from across financial services including guests from Visa, Nubank, M-Pesa, Techcrunch, Starling, and JP Morgan Chase to discuss the latest news, developments, and trends within the industry.
Our weekly news show drops every Monday and tackles the biggest news stories, from acquisitions and launches, to regulatory changes and innovation. Then, every Friday our Insights show dives deeper into the hottest topics shaping the industry like web3 and BNPL.
Whether you’re already immersed in the world of financial services, or just keen to learn more, this is the #1 podcast for you.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Special Guest: Jason Mikula.