778. News: JP Morgan invests in Brazil, African funding passes £2bn, and M-Pesa enter Ethiopia
JP Morgan increases its investment in Brazilian neobank C6, as Goldman Sachs sells its PFM unit, African fintech investment surpasses $2 billion, as M-Pesa enter Ethiopia for the first time. Benjamin Ensor and David Barton-Grimley are joined by some great guests to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including Sarah Kocianski and Samee Zahid from Chipper Cash.
Our expert hosts, Benjamin Ensor and David Barton-Grimley, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Sarah Kocianski, Independent Fintech Consultant
- Samee Zahid, Director of Engineering at Chipper Cash
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- JP Morgan increases its stake in Brazilian digital bank C6
- Goldman sells off its Personal Financial Management unit
- African startups raise $2.7bn in VC funding
- Safaricom’s mobile money rollout in Ethiopia marks moment for ‘last frontier’
- New fintech accelerator, Archie, launches in London
- X gains payment licences in seven US states
- Open banking reaches 11 million + payments milestone
- Venmo lets you gift money to your loved ones with special Hallmark greeting cards
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a bi-weekly podcast dedicated to all things finance, banking, technology, and financial services.
Our expert hosts, with real industry experience, are joined by the biggest decision-makers, VCs, and reporters from across financial services including guests from Visa, Nubank, M-Pesa, Techcrunch, Starling, and JP Morgan Chase to discuss the latest news, developments, and trends within the industry.
Our weekly news show drops every Monday and tackles the biggest news stories, from acquisitions and launches, to regulatory changes and innovation. Then, every Friday our Insights show dives deeper into the hottest topics shaping the industry like web3 and BNPL.
Whether you’re already immersed in the world of financial services, or just keen to learn more, this is the #1 podcast for you.
Come and see the show LIVE at our Fintech Insider: After Dark event on 20th September in London's Village Underground. Grab your tickets here.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Special Guests: Samee Zahid and Sarah Kocianski.