770. News: PayPal launches stablecoin and Apple $10 billion rocks the banking world
PayPal launches stablecoin, Apple announces $10 billion in deposits, and Drake launches Shopify mansion – Kate Moody and Ross Gallagher are joined by some great guests, from Fiat Republic and Knot API, to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days.
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Our expert hosts, Kate Moody and Ross Gallagher, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- PayPal launches stablecoin backed by the US dollar
- Knot API raises $10M from Amex, Plaid amid deposit war
- Finance industry needs to be 'more accessible' for those who didn’t go to university
- Apple Card’s Savings account reaches over $10B in deposits
- Pockit app raises $10m to bring financial stability to underserved communities
- Drake's collab with Shopify is a messy virtual mansion stocked with exclusive merch curated and designed by the rap star
This week's guests include:
- Adam Bialy, Founder & CEO, Fiat Republic
- Rory O’Reilly, CEO and Co-Founder, Knot
With soundclips from:
- Virraj Jatania, Co-Founder and CEO, Pockit
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a bi-weekly podcast dedicated to all things finance, banking, technology, and financial services.
Our expert hosts, with real industry experience, are joined by the biggest decision-makers, VCs, and reporters from across financial services including guests from Visa, Nubank, M-Pesa, Techcrunch, Starling, and JP Morgan Chase to discuss the latest news, developments, and trends within the industry.
Our weekly news show drops every Monday and tackles the biggest news stories, from acquisitions and launches, to regulatory changes and innovation. Then, every Friday our Insights show dives deeper into the hottest topics shaping the industry like web3 and BNPL.
Whether you’re already immersed in the world of financial services, or just keen to learn more, this is the #1 podcast for you.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!