735. News: JP Morgan swoops in for First Republic, while Revolut takes on Nubank
JP Morgan snaps up First Republic Bank, Revolut launches in Brazil, and ChatGPT investment fund "smashes" competition – Kate Moody and Benjamin Ensor are joined by a great guest from Reuters to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days.
Our expert hosts, Kate Moody and Benjamin Ensor, are joined by a great guest to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- First Republic: JP Morgan snaps up major US bank - 4:00
- Revolut takes on Nubank with Brazil launch and LatAm push - 13:55
- An investment fund created by ChatGPT is “smashing” the UK’s top 10 most popular funds - 23:50
- Australian gamblers to be banned from using credit cards for online betting - 33:35
- Microsoft teams up with Stripe, GoDaddy and PayPal for in-meeting payments - 35:18
- Microscopic monarch names etched on to coronation coin - 37:40
This week's guests include:
- Anita Ramaswamy, Columnist, Reuters Breakingviews
This episode is sponsored by Thredd
Global Processing Services (GPS), the payments platform trusted by the leading issuers to process billions of transactions a year, has changed their name to Thredd. Why Thredd? Thredd, because their tailored payment processing solutions are the thread that connects payments innovators of the future. Thredd, because they are true partners, becoming part of the fabric of your business as it grows. And Thredd because it just feels right. Find out more at Thredd.com.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Ross Gallagher, Benjamin Ensor, and Kate Moody - as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Special Guest: Anita Ramaswamy.
- First Republic: JP Morgan snaps up major US bank
- Revolut takes on Nubank with Brazil launch and LatAm push
- An investment fund created by ChatGPT is “smashing” the UK’s top 10 most popular funds
- Australian gamblers to be banned from using credit cards for online betting
- Microsoft teams up with Stripe, GoDaddy and PayPal for in-meeting payments
- Microscopic monarch names etched on to coronation coin