728. News: FCA enlists Love Island star while Visa connects Venmo and PayPal users
Love Island's Sharon Gaffka teams up with FCA in clampdown on influencers, Visa partners PayPal for interoperable P2P payments, and Verto picks up a quarter of Silicon Valley Bank customers in Africa – Ross Gallagher and Benjamin Ensor are joined by some great guests, from Verto and CCG Catalyst, to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days.
Our expert hosts, Ross Gallagher and Benjamin Ensor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Love Island's Sharon Gaffka teams up with FCA in clampdown on 'get rich quick' schemes promoted by influencers - 6:00
- Verto claims a quarter of SVB customers operating in Africa are opening accounts on its platform - 18:25
- Visa partners PayPal for interoperable P2P payments - 32:45
- India’s plan to export its wildly successful digital payments system - 44:10
- Molo launches 24-hour ‘Rapid Remortgage’ - 52:30
- bunq applies for US banking licence - 53:50
- Dumb phones are on the rise in the U.S. as Gen Z looks to limit screen time - 55:00
This week's guests include:
- Anthony Oduu, Co-Founder, Verto
- Kate Drew, Director of Research, CCG Catalyst
This episode is sponsored by Global Processing Services
At Global Processing Services – the expert partner in issuer processing – they take your security seriously. Their game-changing Fraud Advantage tool, powered by Featurespace, assesses fraud risks in milliseconds and uses AI and machine learning, to constantly adapt to stay ahead of emerging fraud threats. With their array of available fraud solutions at your fingertips, you can feel secure with GPS as your payment processing partner.
Find out more at www.globalprocessing.com/fraudmanagement
This episode is sponsored by Blinkist
The Blinkist app offers distilled audio content from over 5000 non-fiction books and podcasts, to get bitesized insights in just 15 minutes, across 27 different categories. Go to Blinkist.com/fintech to start your 7-day free trial and get 25% off of a Blinkist Premium membership. And now for a limited time you can even use Blinkist Connect to share your premium account with a friend or partner and get 2 premium subscriptions for the price of one. "
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Ross Gallagher, Benjamin Ensor, and Kate Moody - as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Anthony Oduu and Kate Drew.
- Love Island's Sharon Gaffka teams up with FCA in clampdown on 'get rich quick' schemes promoted by influencers
- Verto claims a quarter of SVB customers operating in Africa are opening accounts on its platform
- Visa partners PayPal for interoperable P2P payments
- India’s plan to export its wildly successful digital payments system
- Molo launches 24-hour ‘Rapid Remortgage’
- bunq applies for US banking licence