69. News: Lemonade goes public and travel insurance covers COVID-19
Nigel Walsh and David Brear are joined by a panel of guests to talk through the latest news in the insurtech and insurance world including Lemonde goes public and the Post Office brings back travel insurance...with coronavirus cover! All this and much more on this week's Insurtech Insider!
Nigel Walsh and David Brear are back this week to talk through the most interesting news of the week just gone. As always, they are joined by some awesome guests:
- David George - CEO of Bikmo
- Sahas Katta - CEO of Smartcar
- Nikki Daniels - Board Advisor for Honcho Markets and Founder & Director of e-Zee Insurance Solutions
Together they cove the following news stories from the last week:
- Lemonade goes public (05:00)
- Post Office brings back travel insurance - with coronavirus cover (15:36)
- Lloyd’s of London to open underwriting rooms in September (27:48)
- A new era for events cover, Beazley offers virtual events cover (36:40)
- 7/11 to sell insurance in Japan (45:20)
- Laka launches progressive recovery policy (47:35)
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider!
Small business financial services are only 1% finished. Our latest research examines the Jobs to be Done and cultural insights on what US business owners need, and the digital services that will help them meet their goals. Download the research for free by heading to bit.ly/digitalsmb.
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Hanna Samuelson and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
Special Guests: David George, Nikki Daniels , and Sahas Katta.
- The $2 billion SoftBank-backed insurance startup Lemonade has filed to go public
- Post Office restores travel insurance offering – with coronavirus cover
- Lloyd’s of London to reopen underwriting room in September
- Beazley announces coverage for virtual events
- 7-Eleven to begin selling contactless life insurance in Japan