664. News: Fintechs fight for your online checkout
Kate Moody and Benjamin Ensor are joined by some great guests to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including: JPMorgan Chase acquires payments fintech Renovite, Revolut is launching a one-click payment feature, and Kim Kardashian launches private equity firm.
Our expert hosts, Kate Moody and Benjamin Ensor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Eric Johansson, Fintech Editor, Verdict
- Adam Bialy, Founder & CEO, Fiat Republic
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- JPMorgan Chase acquires payments fintech Renovite to battle Stripe and Block - 5:08
- Revolut wants to compete with PayPal and Apple at online checkouts 14:25
- Bolt's $1.5bn deal to buy Wyre dies 27:45
- Minority neobank Majority secures $37.5m in Series B raise 38:28
- Greenwashing is a systemic problem at UK banks 47:58
- Flurry of new rules leave Turkish banks struggling to lend 49:47
- Kim Kardashian launches private equity firm 51:45
This episode is sponsored by Tink
As the leading open banking platform, Tink enables the largest banks, lenders and payments providers to offer exceptional user experiences. Tink offers the best way to connect to banks across Europe, to build seamless services that can reach more than 250 million consumers. And they're already doing this for the likes of American Express, PayPal and Revolut. To get started with data-driven solutions for customer onboarding, making better risk decisions, or for instant bank payments with the highest conversion rate in the industry - visit tink.com
This episode is sponsored by LinkedIn
As you gear up for Autumn, you need the right people on your team to help your small business fire on all cylinders. LinkedIn Jobs is here to make it easier.
Tap into the world’s largest professional network with over 30 million people in the UK. Create a job post in minutes, and spread the word so your network can help you find the right people to hire. Just add the purple #Hiring frame to your LinkedIn profile. Simple tools, like screening questions, make it easy to find candidates with just the right skills and experience. It’s why small businesses rate LinkedIn Jobs #1 in delivering quality hires vs leading competitors.
LinkedIn Jobs helps you find the candidates you want to talk to, faster. And, you can post a job for free. Just visit Linkedin.com/FINTECH. Terms and conditions apply.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Ross Gallagher, Benjamin Ensor, and Kate Moody - as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Adam Bialy and Eric Johansson.
- JPMorgan Chase acquires payments fintech Renovite to help it battle Stripe and Block
- Revolut Wants to Compete With PayPal and Apple at Online Checkouts
- Bolt's $1.5 billion deal to buy Wyre dies
- Minority neobank Majority secures $37.5m in Series B raise
- Greenwashing is a systemic problem at UK banks
- Flurry of new rules leave Turkish banks struggling to lend
- Kim Kardashian launches private equity firm