660. News: Shoppers globally turn to Buy Now Pay Later for groceries
Benjamin Ensor and Nicole Perry are joined by some great guests, from Anthemis and Lightyear, to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including: UK and US consumers using Buy Now Pay Later to purchase groceries, Pezesha raises $11m from Women’s World Banking, and the PayPal story could be coming to a screen near you.
Our expert hosts, Benjamin Ensor and Nicole Perry, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Vinay Singh, Managing Director, Anthemis
- Tessa Bryant, Head of Brand and Communications, Lightyear
With soundclips from:
- Johannes Fenner, Co-founder and Co-CEO, Justhome
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Shoppers relying on Buy Now Pay Later and microloans for groceries in the UK and US - 4:20
- Kenyan fintech Pezesha raises $11m backed by Women’s World Banking - 15:30
- ING pulls the plug on Yolt, shutting down its open banking operation - 26:50
- Berlin’s Justhome houses €3.3m to assist first-time home buyers - 36:00
- FedNow is coming. Is this real-time payments’ moment? - 46:00
- Trust Bank, a digital bank formed by Standard Chartered and NTUC, launches in Singapore - 47:45
- The PayPal story could be coming to a screen near you - 49:20
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Special Guests: Johannes Fenner , Tessa Bryant, and Vinay Singh.
- Would You Take Out a Loan to Buy This Week’s Groceries?
- Iceland loan scheme to support shoppers receives 50,000 applications in first week
- Kenyan fintech Pezesha raises $11M backed by Women’s World Banking
- ING Group pulls the plug on Yolt’s open banking operation
- Berlin’s Justhome houses €3.3 million to assist first-time home buyers
- FedNow is coming. Is this real-time payments’ moment?
- Trust Bank, a digital bank formed by Standard Chartered and NTUC, launches in Singapore
- The PayPal story could be coming to a screen near you