652. News: Will JPMorgan Chase transform the travel industry?
Kate Moody and Nicole Perry are joined by some great guests, from DealStreetAsia and Fintech Business Weekly, to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including: Sequoia makes first investment in Pakistan, LendUp enters liquidation, and trade in your pandemic impulse buys!
Our expert hosts, Kate Moody and Nicole, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Jason Mikula, Publisher, Fintech Business Weekly
- Ariba Shahid, Contributor, DealStreetAsia
With soundclips from:
- Douglas Soltys, Editor, Betakit
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Sequoia backs fintech Dbank in maiden Pakistan investment - 3:50
- LendUp enters liquidation - 14:40
- JPMorgan Is building a giant travel agency - 27:30
- Portage Ventures rolls out new late-stage fintech fund - 38:30
- Virgin Money launching buy now, pay later products despite criticism - 49:16
- US-based fintech Umba buys majority stake in Kenya’s Daraja microfinance bank - 51:45
- Get up to $500 for your bad pandemic impulse buys at this pop-up store - 53:20
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Ariba Shahid, Douglas Soltys, and Jason Mikula.
- Sequoia backs fintech Dbank in maiden Pakistan investment
- What Happens When A Neobank Goes Bankrupt?
- JPMorgan Is building a giant travel agency
- Portage Ventures rolls out new late-stage fintech fund
- Virgin Money launching buy now, pay later products despite criticism
- US-based fintech Umba buys majority stake in Kenya’s Daraja microfinance bank
- Get up to $500 for your bad pandemic impulse buys at this pop-up store