65. News: Covid-19 - Worse than 9/11 and Katrina for the insurance industry
Sarah Kocianski and Nigel Walsh are joined by a panel of guests to talk through the latest and greatest news in the insurance space which are heavily focussed on Covid-19 and the insurance industry this week!
Sarah and David are joined by a panel of great guests to talk through the latest and greatest news in the insurtech and insurance industry! Our guests this week are:
- Sophie Winwood - Investor at Anthemis
- Niels Thoné - CEO of Sprout.ai
- Lucas Carlsén, CEO and Co-founder of Hedvig
We cover the following news stories:
- The pandemic is expected to be more expensive than 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina (04:12)
- Car insurers give back to their customers and NHS workers get a free car (14:31)
- Staff layoffs in the big apple (23:13)
- Elon Musk, the insurance man! (31:08)
- Small businesses turn to lawsuits as insurers fail to payout (37:55)
We also bring you an interview with Asaf Lifshitz from Sayata Labs! (47:00)
All that and much more on this week's episode of Insurtech Insider!
The COVID-19 pandemic has created an immediate financial and operational crisis, permanently reshaping the financial services industry. This change must be swift and unavoidable - check out our research report to find out more: Info.11fs.com/covid19
Subscribe so you never miss an episode, leave a review on iTunes and every other podcast app. Spread the insurtech love by sharing or tweeting this podcast.
This episode of Insurtech Insider was produced by Hanna Samuelson and edited by Alex Woodhouse.
Special Guests: Asaf Lifshitz, Lucas Carlsén, Niels Thoné, and Sophie Winwood.
- Insurers face biggest-ever losses, warns Lloyd’s chief | Financial Times
- Admiral to give £25 car insurance refunds over coronavirus lockdown | Money | The Guardian
- White House-Linked Oscar Health Laying Off 5% of Staff - Bloomberg
- Elon Musk the insurer | FT Alphaville
- Six insurers face federal class action lawsuits for denying business interruption claims | Insurance Business