638. News: Allica bank raises for SMEs and Backbase raises to transform the back end of banking
Benjamin Ensor and Gwera Kiwana are joined by some great guests to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including: SME lender Allica Bank secures £55m in equity and debt round, Backbase earns a €2.5bn valuation, and Deadmau5 is launching his own online bank
Our expert hosts, Benjamin Ensor and Gwera Kiwana, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Søren Aabel Hammer, CEO, Mazepay
- Keshvi Radia, Head of Product for Payments, Allica Bank
- Tim Rutten, SVP of Strategy, Backbase
With soundclips from:
- Richard Davies, CEO, Allica Bank
- Jacob Groth, Customer Relations Director, P27
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Allica Bank secures £55m in equity and debt round - 5:50
- Backbase secures €2.5bn valuation after €120m investment - 16:30
- Instant payments top the agenda for Swedish banks says P27 - 29:45
- Starling snaps up £500m mortgage book in shift from Covid loans - 39:05
- MFS Africa extends its Series C by $100m, bringing total to $200m - 47:30
- CaixaBank and Microsoft explore the metaverse - 49:10
- Shopify loses early big investor over rising competition - 50:40
- Deadmau5 is launching his own online bank - 53:00
This episode is sponsored by FullCircl
You’re under pressure on multiple fronts – demanding customers, competitors making a grab for market share, regulatory scrutiny, and high cost-to-serve. So, what to do?
Whether you’re a bank or financial services company, future-ready transformation can only be achieved by implementing a holistic Customer Lifecycle Intelligence (CLI) strategy.
This new whitepaper explores how CLI will help you find the right customers, onboard them faster, and keep them for life. Check out the whitepaper here!
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Special Guests: Jacob Groth, Keshvi Radia, Richard Davies, Søren Aabel Hammer, and Tim Rutten.
- Allica Bank secures £55m in equity and debt round
- Backbase secures €2.5bn valuation after €120mn investment
- Instant Payments Top the Agenda For Swedish Banks Says P27
- Starling snaps up £500mn mortgage book in shift from Covid loans
- MFS Africa extends its Series C by $100 million, bringing total to $200 million
- CaixaBank and Microsoft explore the metaverse
- Deadmau5 is launching his own online bank
- Shopify Loses Early Investor Mawer Over Rising Competition