630. News: Griffin goes for banking licence and InDebted looks to disrupt UK debt collection
Gwera Kiwana and Benjamin Ensor are joined by some great guests, from Griffin, Indebted and Redpoint Ventures, to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including: Griffin applies for UK banking licence, Digital debt collection agency InDebted looks to shake up the UK market, and Goldman Sachs offers senior staff unlimited holiday!
Our expert hosts, Gwera Kiwana and Benjamin Ensor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- David Jarvis, CEO, Griffin
- Medha Agarwal, Partner, Redpoint Ventures
- Lachlan Heussler, Chief Strategy Officer, InDebted
With soundclips from:
- Joe Colchester, Product Manager, 11:FS Pulse
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- UK-based BaaS fintech Griffin applies for banking licence - 4:46
- Digital debt collection agency InDebted arrives in the UK aiming to improve sector image - 17:24
- For the first time, Japan’s SoftBank could spend more on share buybacks than new investments - 33:10
- Revolut continues trend of older users adopting fintech - 45:20
- Banking-as-a-service startup Unit closes on $100M at a $1.2B valuation - 53:00
- Apple will let your subscription apps charge you more money without asking - 54:54
- Nubank beats revenue estimates on strong customer growth - 56:23
- Goldman Sachs to offer senior staff unlimited holiday - 59:00
This episode is sponsored by Alto IRA
Did you know the majority of people are investing in cryptocurrency through a taxable account, when they could be using an IRA and avoiding or deferring the taxes?
With an Alto CryptoIRA, you can invest in crypto without tax headaches. Create a free account in minutes. Choose from over 150 coins, and invest with as little as $10. No setup charges and no account fees.
To open an Alto CryptoIRA with as little as $10, just go to www.altoira.com/insider
This episode is sponsored by TrueLayer
Let’s face it, cards were not designed for online. Payments can take days to settle, hurting customer loyalty. While high fraud, clunky checkouts and expensive fees mean millions in missed revenue.
At TrueLayer, we’ve made instant payments available for businesses across Europe and the UK. So you can cut costs, fight fraud and get money moving fast.
To learn more visit: www.TrueLayer.com/payments
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
Special Guests: David Jarvis, Joe Colchester, Lachlan Heussler, and Medha Agarwal.
- UK-based BaaS fintech Griffin applies for banking licence
- Digital debt collection agency InDebted arrives in the UK aiming to improve sector image
- For the first time, Japan’s SoftBank could spend more on share buybacks than new investments
- Revolut continues trend of older users adopting fintech
- Banking-as-a-service startup Unit closes on $100M at a $1.2B valuation
- Apple will let your subscription apps charge you more money without asking
- Buffett-backed Nubank beats revenue estimates on strong client additions
- Goldman Sachs to offer senior staff unlimited holiday