628. News: Does the market have Tiger Global by the tail?
Benjamin Ensor and Kate Moody are joined by some great guests, from Celero, Paymob and TechCrunch, to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including: Neo Financial raises $185 million to shake up Canada’s Big Five, Egypt’s Paymob raises $50 million with an eye on SMEs, and the Vatican steps into the metaverse. All this and more on today's show!
Our expert hosts, Benjamin Ensor and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Barb Maclean, VP Integration & Analytics, Celero
- Aya Ibrahim, Commercial Director, Paymob
- Mary Ann Azevedo, Senior Editor, TechCrunch
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Canadian Neo Financial's $185 million fund raise signals confidence in neobanks - 4:10
- Egyptian fintech Paymob raises $50M led by PayPal Ventures and Kora Capital - 16:30
- Tiger Global hit by $17bn losses in tech rout - 27:45
- Sequoia, Binance and a16z among 19 investors backing Elon Musk’s Twitter bid - 37:08
- Stripe’s Patrick Collison hits back at Plaid CEO’s accusations - 46:30
- Dutch fintech Bunq vies for Ulster Bank and KBC account holders - 48:32
- Google Chrome is getting built-in virtual credit cards - 50:45
- The Vatican Will Create an NFT Gallery to ‘Democratise Art’ - 52:25
This episode is sponsored by Alto IRA
Did you know the majority of people are investing in cryptocurrency through a taxable account, when they could be using an IRA and avoiding or deferring the taxes?
With an Alto CryptoIRA, you can invest in crypto without tax headaches. Create a free account in minutes. Choose from over 150 coins, and invest with as little as $10. No setup charges and no account fees.
To open an Alto CryptoIRA with as little as $10, just go to www.altoira.com/insider
This episode is sponsored by TrueLayer
Let’s face it, cards were not designed for online. Payments can take days to settle, hurting customer loyalty. While high fraud, clunky checkouts and expensive fees mean millions in missed revenue.
At TrueLayer, we’ve made instant payments available for businesses across Europe and the UK. So you can cut costs, fight fraud and get money moving fast.
To learn more visit: www.TrueLayer.com/payments
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Special Guests: Aya Ibrahim, Barb MacLean, and Mary Ann Azevedo.
- Canadian Neo Financial's $185 million fund raise signals confidence in neobanks
- Egyptian fintech Paymob raises $50M led by PayPal Ventures and Kora Capital
- Tiger Global hit by $17bn losses in tech rout
- Sequoia, Binance and a16z among 19 investors backing Elon Musk’s Twitter bid
- Stripe’s Patrick Collison hits back at Plaid CEO’s accusations
- Dutch fintech Bunq vies for Ulster Bank and KBC account holders
- Google Chrome is getting built-in virtual credit cards
- The Vatican Will Create a NFT Gallery to ‘Democratise Art’