610. News: Kenya's M-Pesa marks milestone anniversary
Gwera Kiwana and Benjamin Ensor are joined by some great guests, from M-Pesa, Atomic and Verdict, to talk about the most interesting stories in financial services over the last 7 days, including: Kenya's mobile money success story celebrates 15 years, Russian banks turn to China to sidestep cutoff from payments systems and Limewire returns as NFT marketplace!
Our expert hosts, Gwera Kiwana and Benjamin Ensor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Sitoyo Lopokoiyit, CEO, M-Pesa
- Lindsay Davis, Head of Markets, Atomic
- Eric Johansson, Fintech Editor, Verdict
With soundclips from:
- Patrick Kavanagh, CEO, Atlantic Money
- Nicola Anderson, CEO, Fintech Scotland
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- M-Pesa: Kenya's mobile money success story celebrates 15 years - 3:55
- Russian banks turn to China to sidestep cutoff from payments systems - 15:20
- Atomic lands $40m in funding, just five months after its Series A, to connect banks and fintechs to consumers’ paychecks - 26:00
- Money transfer fintech launches in London to take on Wise and PayPal - 37:05
- Indian fintech CredAvenue turns unicorn with fresh $137m funding - 46:25
- New roadmap unveiled to take Scottish fintech from 'strength to strength' - 48:11
- LimeWire announces comeback as Web3 NFT marketplace - 50:50
This episode is sponsored by CompyAdvantage
What role will blockchain play in the future of financial services? How are innovative fintechs expanding access to online banking in Africa? And would more bankers in orange jumpsuits change the way money laundering is perceived? Subscribe to Uncover, the ComplyAdvantage podcast, to explore these questions and much more: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/uncover/id1601611340
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. It’s hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David M. Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Gwera Kiwana, as well as a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: @fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, or email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Eric Johansson, Lindsay Davis , Nicola Anderson, Patrick Kavanagh, and Sitoyo Lopokoiyit.
- M-Pesa: Kenya's mobile money success story celebrates 15 years
- Russian Banks Turn to China to Sidestep Cutoff From Payments Systems
- Atomic lands $40M in funding, just five months after its Series A, to connect banks and fintechs to consumers’ paychecks
- Money transfer fintech launches in London to take on Wise and PayPal
- Indian fintech CredAvenue turns unicorn with fresh $137 million funding
- New roadmap unveiled to take Scottish fintech from “strength to strength
- LimeWire announces comeback as web3 NFT marketplace