602. News: GoCardless, Stitch and Vivid Money raise funding to solve money movement friction
Ross Gallagher and Deepa Anikhindi are joined by some great guests, from Stitch and GoCardless, to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: South African fintech Stitch raises $21 million in Series A, GoCardless enters unicorn club with $312 million funding, and Actor and comedian Will Ferrell turns fintech investor!
Our expert hosts, Ross Gallagher and Deepa Anikhindi, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Kiaan PIllay, Co-Founder/CEO, Stitch
- Catherine Birkett, CFO at GoCardless
With soundclips from:
- Adrian Smiatek, PR Lead, Vivid Money
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- South African fintech Stitch raises $21 million in Series A funding - 3:00
- GoCardless enters unicorn club with $312 million funding and $2.1 billion valuation - 14:45
- Vivid Money, a financial super app, raises $114M at an $886M valuation to expand in Europe - 28:30
- Fly Now Pay Later inks deal with booking site Alternative Airlines - 38:40
- Apple and Stripe team up for tap to pay on iPhones - 48:20
- New neobank Coupl set to launch in India - 49:45
- Pakistani BNPL Firm QisstPay Expands to US - 50:50
- Will Ferrell invests in Danish challenger bank Lunar - 52:00
This episode is sponsored by Fintech Meetup.
Join Fintech Meetup, the world’s largest fintech meetings-only event! That’s right - no speakers or content….just 30,000+ double opt-in online meetings that result in Deals, Partnerships and Funding. Meet 3,000+ participants from Fintechs, Banks, Credit Unions, Community Banks, Investors, Networks, Solution Providers, Tech cos, Retailers & Merchants and many others! Online, March 22-24. Learn More & Get Your Ticket
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor and Jason Bates, who are joined by a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Catherine Birkett and Kiaan Pillay.
- Stitch raises $21M for its API infrastructure and embedded finance platform
- GoCardless enters unicorn club with $312 million funding and $2.1 billion valuation
- Vivid Money, a financial super app, raises $114M at an $886M valuation to expand in Europe
- Fly Now Pay Later inks deal with booking site Alternative Airlines
- Apple signs up Stripe and Shopify for contactless payments
- New neobank Coupl set to launch in India
- Pakistani BNPL Firm QisstPay Expands to US
- Will Ferrell sprinkles Hollywood stardust on Danish challenger bank Lunar