600. News: Apple muscles in on merchant payments and Monzo lays out the future
Marking 600 episodes of Fintech Insider – Simon Taylor and Benjamin Ensor are joined by some great guests, from Monzo, Klarna, and Fexco, to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Apple turns iPhones into payment terminals, Wayflyer becomes latest Irish fintech unicorn, and Monzo Co-Founder tells us about the company’s future and the lessons learned.
It's episode 600 of Fintech Insider and our expert hosts, Simon Taylor and Benjamin Ensor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Jonas Templestein, Co-Founder/CTO, Monzo Bank
- Alex Marsh, Head, Klarna UK
- Ruth McCarthy, CEO, Fexco Corporate Payments
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Next up in Apple’s plan for financial domination: Turning iPhones into payment terminals - 4:15
- Wayflyer becomes latest Irish tech unicorn after $150m fundraise - 17:15
- 11:FS sits down with Monzo Co-Founder/CTO Jonas Templestein - 30:20
- Jack Dorsey’s Block completes $29bn Afterpay acquisition - 56:20
- Following his fiery Twitter tirades, Bolt founder Ryan Breslow is no longer CEO - 58:00
- Serena Williams backed fintech Esusu hits unicorn status, procures $130M to bridge racial wealth gap - 59:50
- Predicting Fintech Insider Episode 6000! - 1:01:30
This episode is sponsored by Fintech Meetup.
Join Fintech Meetup, the world’s largest fintech meetings-only event! That’s right - no speakers or content….just 30,000+ double opt-in online meetings that result in Deals, Partnerships and Funding. Meet 3,000+ participants from Fintechs, Banks, Credit Unions, Community Banks, Investors, Networks, Solution Providers, Tech cos, Retailers & Merchants and many others! Online, March 22-24. Learn More & Get Your Ticket
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor and Jason Bates, who are joined by a range of brilliant guests. We cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Alex Marsh, Jonas Templestein, and Ruth McCarthy.
- Next up in Apple’s plan for financial domination: Turning iPhones into payment terminals
- Wayflyer becomes latest Irish tech unicorn after $150m fundraise
- Jack Dorsey’s Block completes $29bn Afterpay acquisition
- Following his fiery Twitter tirades, Bolt founder Ryan Breslow is no longer CEO — and he says it’s his choice
- Black-owned wealthtech start-up Esusu hits $1bn valuation following $130m Series B