578. News: Challenger bank champion Nubank plans NYSE IPO
Ross Gallagher and Gwera Kiwana are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Nubank files for an IPO in the USA, Chipper Cash gets $2B valuation with $150M extension round led by FTX, and Quentin Tarantino auctions Pulp Fiction NFTs. All of this and much much more on today's episode!
Our expert hosts, Ross Gallagher and Gwera Kiwana, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Eric Johansson, Tech Editor, Verdict
- Douglas Mackenzie, Chief Content Officer, Fintech Finance
- Gustavo Brigatto, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Startups
With soundclips from:
- Hasan Luongo, VP of Global Marketing, Chipper Cash
- Oli Cook, CEO & Co-Founder, Ekko
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Brazil's Nubank targets over $50 billion valuation in U.S. IPO - 6:30
- Chipper Cash gets $2B valuation with $150M extension round led by FTX (sound clip from Hasan Luongo, VP of Global Marketing, Chipper Cash) - 18:30
- Eco-conscious debit card Ekko launches on first day of COP26 (sound clip from Oli Cook, CEO & Co-Founder, Ekko) - 32:23
- Klarna sets collision course with Amazon in reported $1bn Pricerunner deal - 45:05
- ING to wind down Payvision - 54:14
- New UK fintech Cleva launches money management platform for carers - 56:00
- Greenlight Creates a Platform for the 45% Of Parents Who Are Not Confident Investing - 57:28
- Quentin Tarantino to offer seven uncut scenes from ‘Pulp Fiction’ as NFTs - 58:38
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world leader in banking software, serving over 3,000 financial institutions. SCALE 2021 is Temenos' dedicated, virtual developer event, including: insights from industry leaders on current technology trends and how they impact banking; customer presentations; product demonstrations and road-map sessions and opportunities to speak with Temenos experts. Whether you're a developer, consultant or business user, discover the latest technology opportunities and how this can help you deliver bigger, better, faster.
Register to attend here. (https://tem.mn/3jYLZlm)
This episode is sponsored by LetsDeel.
There's a better way to hire internationally, and it starts with Deel. Everything from contract creation, record keeping, payments, and full-time employment is all in one place for teams all over the world.
Companies anywhere can hire compliantly everywhere thanks to Deel. It's payroll and compliance built for today's worldwide workforce.
To learn more, visit letsdeel/11fs, and redeem an exclusive offer of 3 months free when you hire a contractor and 20% for your first year when you hire an employee.
This episode is sponsored by Blueshift
Customers expect more from their digital experience and their personal finance is no exception. Blueshift empowers fintech and financial institutions to create secure customer profiles and intentional, relevant experiences for customers. Whether in app, on site, in branch, or anywhere else, Blueshift’s SmartHub CDP helps brands like Lending Tree and ClearScore turn data into personalized experiences that increase retention, satisfaction, and revenue.
Learn more about the Blueshift at blueshift.com/11fs.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Douglas Mackenzie, Eric Johansson, and Gustavo Brigatto.
- Brazil's Nubank targets over $50 billion valuation in U.S. IPO
- Chipper Cash gets $2B valuation with $150M extension round led by FTX
- Eco-conscious debit card Ekko launches on first day of Cop26
- Klarna sets collision course with Amazon in reported $1bn Pricerunner deal
- ING to wind down Payvision
- New UK fintech Cleva launches money management platform for carers
- Greenlight Creates a Platform for the 45% Of Parents Who Are Not Confident Investing
- Quentin Tarantino to offer seven uncut scenes from ‘Pulp Fiction’ as NFTs