576. News: Fintech, assemble! Plaid, Stripe, and Klarna announce partnerships
Gwera Kiwana and Alex Hooper are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Plaid builds a payment partner ecosystem, Klarna and Stripe announce ‘buy now, pay later’ partnership, and Monzo’s London bus campaign spawns Twitter hilarity. All of this and much much more on today's episode!
Our expert hosts, Gwera Kiwana and Alex Hooper, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Paul Williamson, Head of Revenue and Partnerships, Plaid
- Jeremy Takle, Co-Founder & CEO, Pennyworth
- Rob Berrisford, General Manager, TAP, Button
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Plaid Builds Partner Ecosystem to Simplify A2A Payments 5:56
- Klarna and Stripe announce ‘buy now, pay later’ partnership 17:30
- New neobank Pennyworth launches 30:49
- Bunq launches ‘Local Currencies’ to enable users to bank without borders (sound clip from Ali Niknam, CEO and Founder, Bunq) 40:45
- Extend raises $40M for its virtual card offering to help banks better compete with fintechs 49:43
- Carbon footprint tracker Cogo raises $20M ahead of COP26 (sound clip from Ben Gleisner, Founder and CEO, Cogo) 51:46
- Chime In Talks To Go Public At $35 Billion To $45 Billion Valuation 55:00
- Monzo launches London bus ad campaign and Twitter account 56:00
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world leader in banking software, serving over 3,000 financial institutions. SCALE 2021 is Temenos' dedicated, virtual developer event, including: insights from industry leaders on current technology trends and how they impact banking; customer presentations; product demonstrations and road-map sessions and opportunities to speak with Temenos experts. Whether you're a developer, consultant or business user, discover the latest technology opportunities and how this can help you deliver bigger, better, faster.
Register to attend here. (https://tem.mn/3jYLZlm)
This episode is sponsored by LetsDeel.
There's a better way to hire internationally, and it starts with Deel. Everything from contract creation, record keeping, payments, and full-time employment is all in one place for teams all over the world.
Companies anywhere can hire compliantly everywhere thanks to Deel. It's payroll and compliance built for today's worldwide workforce.
To learn more, visit letsdeel/11fs, and redeem an exclusive offer of 3 months free when you hire a contractor and 20% for your first year when you hire an employee.
This episode is sponsored by Blueshift
Customers expect more from their digital experience and their personal finance is no exception. Blueshift empowers fintech and financial institutions to create secure customer profiles and intentional, relevant experiences for customers. Whether in app, on site, in branch, or anywhere else, Blueshift’s SmartHub CDP helps brands like Lending Tree and ClearScore turn data into personalized experiences that increase retention, satisfaction, and revenue.
Learn more about the Blueshift at blueshift.com/11fs.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Jeremy Takle, Paul Williamson, and Rob Berrisford.
- Plaid Builds Partner Ecosystem to Simplify A2A Payments
- Klarna and Stripe announce ‘buy now, pay later’ partnership
- New neobank Pennyworth launches
- Bunq launches ‘Local Currencies’ to enable users to bank without borders
- Extend raises $40M for its virtual card offering to help banks better compete with fintechs
- Carbon footprint tracker Cogo raises $20M ahead of COP26 (UN climate change conference)
- Chime In Talks To Go Public At $35 Billion To $45 Billion Valuation
- Monzo launches London bus ad campaign and Twitter account