574. News: Primer attracts big-name investors for a global payments roadmap
David M. Brear and Lindsey Kistler are joined by some great guests from Primer and GoHenry to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Primer raises $50m in Series B funding, Klarna offers pay now option ahead of FCA review, and facial recognition cameras arrive in UK school canteens. Tune in to find out more!
Our expert hosts, David M. Brear and Lindsey Kistler, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Richard Jones, Director and Chief Product Officer, GoHenry
- Gabriel Le Roux, Co-Founder, Primer
With sound clips from:
- Simon Taylor, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, 11:FS
- Brian McKenney, Chief Innovation Officer, HSBC
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Primer raises $50M at a $425M valuation - 6:02
- Klarna to offer pay now option ahead of FCA review - 17:55
- GoHenry Launches New In-App Gamified Education for Financial Literacy - 25:02
- Tala raises $145 million to expand globally and into crypto - 34:10
- 11:FS Foundry announces partnership with Google Cloud (Clip from Simon Taylor, Co-Founder and Chief Product Officer, 11:FS) - 42:02
- Challenger bank N26 raises $900 million at $9 billion valuation - 44:10
- HSBC to launch Banking as a Service (Clip from Brian McKenney, Chief Innovation Officer, HSBC) - 45:50
- Facial recognition cameras installed in UK school canteens - 49:15
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world leader in banking software, serving over 3,000 financial institutions. SCALE 2021 is Temenos' dedicated, virtual developer event, including: insights from industry leaders on current technology trends and how they impact banking; customer presentations; product demonstrations and road-map sessions and opportunities to speak with Temenos experts. Whether you're a developer, consultant or business user, discover the latest technology opportunities and how this can help you deliver bigger, better, faster.
Register to attend here. (https://tem.mn/3jYLZlm)
This episode is sponsored by LetsDeel.
There's a better way to hire internationally, and it starts with Deel. Everything from contract creation, record keeping, payments, and full-time employment is all in one place for teams all over the world.
Companies anywhere can hire compliantly everywhere thanks to Deel. It's payroll and compliance built for today's worldwide workforce.
To learn more, visit letsdeel/11fs, and redeem an exclusive offer of 3 months free when you hire a contractor and 20% for your first year when you hire an employee.
This episode is sponsored by Blueshift
Customers expect more from their digital experience and their personal finance is no exception. Blueshift empowers fintech and financial institutions to create secure customer profiles and intentional, relevant experiences for customers. Whether in app, on site, in branch, or anywhere else, Blueshift’s SmartHub CDP helps brands like Lending Tree and ClearScore turn data into personalized experiences that increase retention, satisfaction, and revenue.
Learn more about the Blueshift at blueshift.com/11fs.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor and Jason Bates who are joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Gabriel le Roux and Richard Jones.
- Primer raises $50M at a $425M valuation
- Klarna to offer pay now option ahead of FCA review
- GoHenry Launches New In-App Gamified Education for Financial Literacy
- Tala raises $145 million to expand globally and into crypto
- 11:FS Foundry announces partnership with Google Cloud
- Challenger bank N26 raises $900 million at $9 billion valuation
- HSBC to launch Banking as a Service
- Facial recognition cameras installed in UK school canteens