572. News: Chip crashes Crowdcube and Bolt raises big
David M. Brear and Benjamin Ensor are joined by some great guests from Chip, Raising Partners, Bolt, and Mono to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Chip crashes Crowdcube servers, one-click checkout firm Bolt raises $393 million, and William Shatner blasts into space. Tune in to find out more!
Our expert hosts, David M. Brear and Benjamin Ensor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Simon Rabin, Founder & CEO, Chip
- Helena Murphy, Managing Partner, Raising Partners
- Tina Fan, Chief Customer Officer, Bolt
- Abdul Hassan, CEO, Mono
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Chip crashes Crowdcube servers 3:55
- One-Click Checkout Firm Bolt Raises $393 Million at $6 Billion Valuation 15:35
- Sound clip from Tina Fan, Chief Customer Officer, Bolt 16:30
- Digital Payments Drives Growth as UK Fintech Hits 86% Consumer Adoption Rate 27:13
- Tiger Global backs African fintech Mono in $15M Series A round 36:40
- Sound clip from Abdul Hassan, CEO, Mono 37:30
- £50 contactless payment limit is high enough for most customers 46:20
- Blockchain.com CEO: London’s reign as fintech capital is ‘definitely over’ 48:28
- Proptech Goodlord buys tenant bill splitting platform acasa 50:40
- Star Trek's William Shatner blasts into space on Blue Origin rocket 52:20
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world leader in banking software, serving over 3,000 financial institutions. SCALE 2021 is Temenos' dedicated, virtual developer event, including: insights from industry leaders on current technology trends and how they impact banking; customer presentations; product demonstrations and road-map sessions and opportunities to speak with Temenos experts. Whether you're a developer, consultant or business user, discover the latest technology opportunities and how this can help you deliver bigger, better, faster.
Register to attend here. (https://tem.mn/3jYLZlm)
This episode is sponsored by LetsDeel.
There's a better way to hire internationally, and it starts with Deel. Everything from contract creation, record keeping, payments, and full-time employment is all in one place for teams all over the world.
Companies anywhere can hire compliantly everywhere thanks to Deel. It's payroll and compliance built for today's worldwide workforce.
To learn more, visit letsdeel/11fs, and redeem an exclusive offer of 3 months free when you hire a contractor and 20% for your first year when you hire an employee.
This episode is sponsored by Blueshift
Customers expect more from their digital experience and their personal finance is no exception. Blueshift empowers fintech and financial institutions to create secure customer profiles and intentional, relevant experiences for customers. Whether in app, on site, in branch, or anywhere else, Blueshift’s SmartHub CDP helps brands like Lending Tree and ClearScore turn data into personalized experiences that increase retention, satisfaction, and revenue.
Learn more about the Blueshift at blueshift.com/11fs.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor and Jason Bates who are joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Helena Murphy and Simon Rabin.
- Chip crashes Crowdcube servers
- One-Click Checkout Firm Bolt Raises $393 Million at $6 Billion Valuation
- Digital Payments Drives Growth as UK Fintech Hits 86% Consumer Adoption Rate
- Tiger Global backs African fintech Mono in $15M Series A round
- £50 contactless payment limit is high enough for most customers
- Blockchain.com CEO: London’s reign as fintech capital is ‘definitely over’
- Rising proptech star Goodlord makes second acquisition with acasa
- Star Trek's William Shatner blasts into space on Blue Origin rocket