558. News: Playing into your niche
David Brear and his new co-host, Pierre Legrand, are joined by some great guests from Nerve and Ramp to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Ramp raise $300m and make their first acquisition, Revolut launch their Payday salary advance feature, and we speak to the founder of Nerve, the world’s first neobank created for musicians! Tune in to find out more!
Our expert hosts, David Brear and Pierre Legrand, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- John Waupsh, CEO and founder, Nerve
- Colin Kennedy, Chief Business Officer, Ramp
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Ramp raises $300M and acquires Buyer to offer "negotiation-as-a-service" 3:30
- Revolut introduces salary-advance feature in the UK 13:25
- Nerve, World’s First Neobank Created for Musicians Launched 24:49
- World Remit rebrands as Zepz and raises £292M 36:49
- Socially conscious fintech Aspiration to go public via a SPAC merger 41:45
- Balance raises $25 million in Series A funding 42:51
- African fintech OPay valued at $2bn after a $400m raise 43:50
- Hargreaves Lansdown creates confusion with ad campaign citing a Monzo IPO 45:00
Al of this and much more more on today's episode!
This episode is sponsored by Temenos.
Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is sponsored by LetsDeel.
There's a better way to hire internationally, and it starts with Deel. Everything from contract creation, record keeping, payments, and full-time employment is all in one place for teams all over the world.
Companies anywhere can hire compliantly everywhere thanks to Deel. It's payroll and compliance built for today's worldwide workforce.
To learn more, visit letsdeel/11fs, that's lets D-E-E-L dot com forward slash 11fs, and redeem an exclusive offer of 3 months free when you hire a contractor and 20% for your first year when you hire an employee.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Colin Kennedy and John Waupsh.
- Ramp raises $300M and acquires Buyer to offer "negotiation-as-a-service"
- Revolut introduces salary-advance feature in the UK
- Nerve, World’s First Neobank Created for Musicians Launched
- World Remit rebrands as Zepz and raises £292M
- Socially conscious fintech Aspiration to go public via a SPAC merger
- Balance raises $25 million in Series A funding
- African fintech OPay valued at $2bn after a $400m raise
- Hargreaves Lansdown creates confusion with ad campaign citing a Monzo IPO