544. News: As RobinHood IPOs, how important is building a community around a brand?
Simon Taylor and Gwera Kiwana are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Robinhood files to go public in the wake of a record breaking FINTRA fine, Daylight & Codat get fresh funding, and Booking.com announce the creation of a fintech unit. All of this and much more on today's episode!
Our expert hosts, Simon Taylor and Gwera Kiwana, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Billie Simmons, CCO and co-founder, Daylight
- Peter Lord, CEO of Codat
- Daniel Marovitz, Senior Vice President of Fintech, Booking.com
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Robinhood files to go public 2:40
- Daylight raises millions to build a digital banking platform designed for and by the LGBTQ+ community 14:58
- Codat raises $40M from Tiger for its SMB-focused API service 27:54
- Booking.com creates fintech unit 37:00
- Nigeria's FairMoney raises $42m 48:02
- Pleo raises $150M for managing expenses for SMBs 49:06
- Barclays stops UK clients from sending funds to Binance 50:11
- Chase customers become instant billionaires 51:26
This episode is sponsored by Temenos. Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is sponsored by Blueshift.
Customers expect more from their digital experience and their personal finance is no exception. Blueshift empowers fintech and financial institutions to create secure customer profiles and intentional, relevant experiences for customers. Whether in app, on site, in branch, or anywhere else, Blueshift’s SmartHub CDP helps brands like Lending Tree and ClearScore turn data into personalized experiences that increase retention, satisfaction, and revenue. Learn more about the Blueshift at[ blueshift.com](blueshift.com/11fs).
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Billie Simmons, Daniel Marovitz, and Peter Lord.
- Robinhood files to go public
- Daylight raises millions to build a digital banking platform designed for and by the LGBTQ+ community
- Codat raises $40M from Tiger for its SMB-focused API service
- Booking.com creates fintech unit
- Nigeria's FairMoney raises $42m
- Pleo raises $150M for managing expenses for SMBs
- Barclays stops UK clients from sending funds to Binance
- Chase customers become instant billionaires