540. News: Why are American behemoths buying European fintechs?
Adam Davis and Simon Taylor are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: JPM Chase acquiring Nutmeg to help them launch a British digital banking service, Mollie’s new funding pushing them to a €5.4bn valuation, and brings a challenge to Stripe in the European payments space, and last but not least, we have a small announcement of our own. All of this and much more on today's episode!
Our expert hosts, Adam Davis and Simon Taylor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Shane Happach, CEO Mollie
- Emily Nicolle, Fintech Correspondent, Financial News
- Anna Irrera, Chief Fintech Correspondent, Reuters
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- JPMorgan buys investment platform Nutmeg in UK retail push 1:43
- Mollie’s Series C funding round puts it in the top 5 most valuable European startups, and top 20 worldwide 13:25
- AML regulations driving up compliance costs across UK 29:26
- Revolut's results show a “bumper year” as revenues grow… but so do losses 39:15
- 11:FS Foundry, the Financial Service Operating System built by 11:FS, has today released its first drop, 11:Money 50:32
- YES Bank launches musical logo 55:06
This episode is sponsored by Temenos. Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is brought to you by Visa. one of the world’s leaders in digital payments. Visa’s Fintech Fast Track program is a quick and easy way to connect to the Visa network and issue payment credentials. Whether you’re an up and coming neobank, modernizing B2B payments, or launching a new crypto solution - amazing things can happen when your innovation is combined with the power of one of the world's largest payment networks. Learn more about the possibilities at http://partner.visa.com/.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Anna Irrera, Emily Nicolle, and Shane Happach.
- JPMorgan buys investment platform Nutmeg in UK retail push
- Mollie’s Series C funding round puts it in the top 5 most valuable European startups, and top 20 worldwide
- AML regulations driving up compliance costs across UK
- Revolut's results show a “bumper year” as revenues grow… but so do losses
- YES Bank launches musical logo