538. News: Are Stripe and Shopify THE biggest fintech companies right now?
Adam Davis and David Brear are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Stripe moving beyond payments with Stripe Identity, UK tech and fintech leaders teaming up to fight climate crisis, and Web founder Tim Berners-Lee to auction source code as NFT. All of this and much more on today's episode!
Our expert hosts, Adam Davis and David Brear, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Gus Tomlinson, General Manager Identity Fraud Europe, at GBG
- Sammy Fry, Net Zero Lead at Tech Nation
- Matt Henderson, EMEA Business Lead at Stripe
- Kathryn Petralia, co-founder of Kabbage
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Stripe moves beyond payments with Stripe Identity 4:22
- UK tech leaders team up to fight climate crisis 14:50
- AmEx opens its first business accounts with Kabbage 29:01
- Shopify expands its one-click checkout, Shop Pay, to any merchant on Facebook or Google 37:10
- Laybuy brings in store BN/PL to the UK 44:50
- Bitcoin tops $40,000 after Musk says Tesla could use it again 46:50
- Fintech giant Wise push button on long-awaited listing 48:51
- Web founder Berners-Lee to auction source code as NFT 51:09
This episode is sponsored by Temenos. Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, helping over 3,000 banks serve over 1.2 billion people. Our purpose is to make banking better. Together with our community, we make banks more successful, individuals better banked, and society better served. With our software banks can create more human digital experiences, hyper-efficient business models, and transform their back-office. Our clients are the highest performing banks with cost-income ratios which are twice better than the industry average.
Learn more at Temenos.com.
This episode is brought to you by Visa. one of the world’s leaders in digital payments. Visa’s Fintech Fast Track program is a quick and easy way to connect to the Visa network and issue payment credentials. Whether you’re an up and coming neobank, modernizing B2B payments, or launching a new crypto solution - amazing things can happen when your innovation is combined with the power of one of the world's largest payment networks. Learn more about the possibilities at partner.visa.com
This episode is also sponsored by YouGov. With a global consumer panel of 15 million registered members, 11+ years’ historic single-source data, and proprietary technology that connects data and simplifies research, YouGov is home to the largest collection of constant, entirely permissioned consumer opinion and rich behavioural intelligence in the world.
YouGov’s latest report measures the effect of COVID-19 on consumer attitudes, behaviours, and preferences when it comes to financial services. Beyond the pandemic, it examines the payments landscape, investments, sustainability & ethics and more in 17 markets.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Gus Tomlinson, Kathryn Petralia, Matt Henderson, and Sammy Fry.
- Stripe moves beyond payments with Stripe Identity
- UK tech leaders team up to fight climate crisis
- AmEx opens its first business accounts with Kabbage
- Shopify expands its one-click checkout, Shop Pay, to any merchant on Facebook or Google
- Laybuy brings in store BN/PL to the UK
- Bitcoin tops $40,000 after Musk says Tesla could use it again
- Fintech giant Wise push button on long-awaited listing
- Web founder Berners-Lee to auction source code as NFT