530. News: Everything is fintech!
Simon Taylor and Kate Moody are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Plaid teaming up with US Bank on data sharing, HSBC launching a Global Wallet for multi currency transactions and N26 teaming up with Tinder. All of this and much more on today's episode!
Our expert hosts, Simon Taylor and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Brian McKenney, Chief Innovation Officer & Head of Strategic Initiatives at HSBC
- Dan Kahn, Global Open Finance at Plaid
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- US Bank and Plaid ink data sharing deal 02:50
- HSBC to take on fintech rivals with multi-currency digital wallet 14:40
- Amount raises $99M to help banks better compete with fintechs 25:15
- US banks to pilot credit for people with no credit score 35:35
- Bunq becomes first European issuer to launch True Name Cards 44:31
- FCA warns UK fintechs against comparing themselves to banks 46:16
- AmEx brings BNPL to air travel 48:55
- N26 partners with Tinder 51:21
This episode is sponsored by Temenos
Temenos is the world’s leader in banking software, serving over 3,000 banks. TCF Online 2021, is the industry's premier virtual event, welcoming thousands of C-level executives, industry influencers and rising stars of fintech, with over 50 live and on-demand sessions. Register today to hear Temenos' CEO reveal his vision on the future of banking, learn about Temenos' latest innovations, and hear from Changemakers like Barclays, Varo and PayPal, sharing their best practices on banking transformation.
Find out more: TCF Online 2021
This episode is sponsored by YouGov
With a global consumer panel of 15 million registered members, 11+ years’ historic single-source data, and proprietary technology that connects data and simplifies research, YouGov is home to the largest collection of constant, entirely permissioned consumer opinion and rich behavioural intelligence in the world.
YouGov’s latest report measures the effect of COVID-19 on consumer attitudes, behaviours, and preferences when it comes to financial services. Beyond the pandemic, it examines the payments landscape, investments, sustainability & ethics and more in 17 markets.
Download On the money: YouGov’s Global Banking & Finance Report 2021
This episode is sponsored by Wavemaker
This podcast is sponsored by WaveMaker, the industry's most open, API-driven low-code developer studio for hyper-accelerating embedded finance applications. Are APIs alone enough to broaden and scale your market adoption? Do you need customers to go live faster? How about self-serve capability in your partners' and customers' hands to build and customize their web and mobile experiences? WaveMaker delivers a rich drag-n-drop visual studio that fintechs, brands, and FIs use for rapidly composing serious banking and financial services apps. Pro and citizen developers can easily consume your APIs and build in a WYSIWYG, enterprise-grade environment; leverage custom prefabricated components with APIs, logic, and UI; or even build out complete embedded finance journeys that customers can extend or customize. The possibilities are endless. Visit www.wavemaker.com today.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Brian McKenney and Dan Kahn.
- US Bank and Plaid ink data sharing deal
- HSBC to take on fintech rivals with multi-currency digital wallet
- Amount raises $99M to help banks better compete with fintechs
- US banks to pilot credit for people with no credit score
- Bunq becomes first European issuer to launch True Name Cards
- FCA warns UK fintechs against comparing themselves to banks
- AmEx brings BNPL to air travel
- N26 partners with Tinder