524. News: PensionBee's IPO celebrates female leadership & Current raises £220 million!
Sarah Kocianski and Kate Moody are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: PensionBee’s IPO and listing on the London Stock Exchange, Current tripling its valuation with its Series D round, GoCardless breaking into Open Banking with new InstantPay initiative and much more!
Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Jasper Martens, CMO at PensionBee
- Andy Wiggan, VP Product Management at GoCardless
- Stuart Sopp, CEO and founder of Current
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- PensionBee’s IPO and listing on the London Stock Exchange 2:54
- Current triples its valuation with its Series D round and new investor, a16z 15:36
- GoCardless break into Open Banking with new InstantPay initiative 34:13
- Barclays US and Amount launch white label BNPL suite 45:45
- Dutch neo-broker BUX raises $80 million 54:59
- Teen banking service Step raises $100M Series C, as Kids-focused fintech Greenlight raises $260M in a16z-led Series D 57:40
- Turkey arrests dozens as crypto exchange boss flees country 59:54
- Standard Life Aberdeen faces mockery for Abrdn rebrand 01:02:00
This episode is sponsored by Banking Circle
A fully licensed bank focused on payments, Banking Circle gives Financial Institutions and large corporates direct access to clearing in multiple countries, enabling them to deliver global payments faster and more cost-effectively for their customers. Bypass legacy systems, enable global banking services for your customers and grow your business.
Find out more at bankingcircle.com
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Andy Wiggan, Jasper Martens, and Stuart Sopp.
- PensionBee’s IPO and listing on the London Stock Exchange
- Current raises $220 million Series D, triples valuation to $2.2B
- GoCardless launches open banking payments
- Barclays US and Amount launch white label BNPL suite
- Dutch neo-broker BUX raises $80 million
- Teen banking service Step raises $100M Series C, as Kids-focused fintech Greenlight raises $260M in a16z-led Series D
- Turkey arrests dozens as crypto exchange boss flees country
- Standard Life Aberdeen faces mockery for Abrdn rebrand