518. News: Going global - Plaid shake off the Visa breakup with new $13.4bn valuation
Adam Davis and Melissa Stringer are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Plaid raising $425 million in a Series D funding round for a global financial data network, Coinbase posting a record $1.8 Billion in revenue, and much more!
Our expert hosts, Adam Davis and Melissa Stringer, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Keith Grose, Head of Europe, Plaid
- Emily Nicolle, Fintech Correspondent, Financial News
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Plaid raised $425 million in a Series D funding round for a global financial data network 51:40
- Coinbase Posts Record $1.8 Billion In Revenue As Crypto Market Shoots Past $2 Trillion 13:10
- Revolut to launch major US blitz as it targets a million users this year 23:49
- Brazilian Central Bank Gives Green Light To WhatsApp Payments as Facebook US tests P2P payments 35:50
- Snoop partners with Accepty for 'hyper-personalised' lending tool 43:40
- Clubhouse partners with Stripe to let you send money directly to creators by tapping on their profile 45:24
- Former banking lobby chief Jones joins shared branches start-up OneBanks 47:30
- Coin-Baes: Two Coinbase employees wed by exchanging NFTs 49:34
This episode is sponsored by Banking Circle
A fully licensed bank focused on payments, Banking Circle gives Financial Institutions and large corporates direct access to clearing in multiple countries, enabling them to deliver global payments faster and more cost-effectively for their customers. Bypass legacy systems, enable global banking services for your customers and grow your business.
Find out more at bankingcircle.com
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Emily Nicolle and Keith Grose.