508. News: Square becomes a bank (and buys Tidal!) - is this a game changer?
Ross Gallagher and Mel Stringer are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Square becomes a bank; First Boulevard get $5m in funding for their bank for black America; and The Crowdcube funding record was smashed by…. Nothing!
Our expert hosts, Ross and Mel, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Asya Bradley, Founder and COO First Boulevard
- Anna Irrera, Fintech Correspondent, Reuters
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Square Financial Services Begins Banking Operations
- First Boulevard raises $5m for Black community-focused neobank
- FCA hires top team of women to stem financial scandals
- Revolut, Starling Bank and Wise bosses among 15 CEOs joining Bulb’s Tech Zero taskforce
- Money for Nothing as Crowdcube funding record is smashed
Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Anna Irrera and Asya Bradley.