485. News: Stripe Capital - should everyone in B2B lending just give up?
Adam Davis and Kate Moody are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: TransferWise goes Down Under as they join Australia's real-time payments network, Stripe gets into business lending and Mogo goes into Rainforest Mode in their new app!
Our expert hosts, Adam Davis and Kate Moody, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Lars Trunin - Head of UK Product at TransferWise
- Ali Paterson - Editor in Chief at Fintech Finance
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- TransferWise wins restricted banking licence in Australia
- Stripe Capital Extends Business Lending To Online Platforms
- JP Morgan and Lloyds set sights on Starling as Sabadell plan to sell off TSB
- Black Friday payment data reveals rapid growth of buy now, pay later
- Visa and Circle team up to Bring the Benefits of Stablecoins to Businesses Worldwide. To find out more about this story we also spoke to Cuy Sheffield, Head of Crypto at Visa and Jeremy Allaire, CEO of Circle.
- Mogo launches new interactive Rainforest Mode in its app
This podcast is brought to you by Jack Henry Digital the pioneer and creator of personal digital banking that helps community financial institutions strategically differentiate their digital offerings from those of MegaBanks, BigTechs and FinTechs.
This podcast is also brought to you by Pento - the UK’s first automated payroll platform. Say goodbye to clumsy spreadsheets, endless emails with external payroll providers and manual payments. Pento lets you run payroll in just a few clicks. It calculates taxes, integrates with platforms like Xero and makes all the payments and reports to HMRC & pension providers for you. Go to pento.io/insider to run payroll for free for the rest of the year.
Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Special Guests: Ali Paterson, Cuy Sheffield , Jeremy Allaire, and Lars Trunin .