479. News: WhatsApp payments in India - exponential growth potential?
Simon Taylor and Adam Davis are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: WhatsApp gets approval for payments in India, the US government want to block Visa’s $5.3 billion acquisition of Plaid, and Klarna gets sued by Pablo Escobar’s brother
Our expert hosts, Simon Taylor and Adam Davis are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Babs Ogundeyi - CEO of Kuda
- Sharon Kimathi - Editor of FinTech Futures
- Rune Garborg - CEO at Vipps
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- WhatsApp gets approval for payments in India (03:00)
- Kuda raises $10m to be the mobile first challenger bank for Africa (14:39)
- HSBC to launch “Transferwise rival” (28:25)
- Cash payments plummet to just four percent of transactions in Norway as central bank weighs up their options (39:28)
- US Department of Justice, challenges Visa’s $5.3 billion acquisition of Plaid (49:13)
- Klarna gets sued by Pablo Escobar’s brother (1:02:10)
This podcast is brought to you by Jack Henry Digital the pioneer and creator of personal digital banking that helps community financial institutions strategically differentiate their digital offerings from those of MegaBanks, BigTechs and FinTechs.
This podcast is also brought to you by Pento - the UK’s first automated payroll platform. Say goodbye to clumsy spreadsheets, endless emails with external payroll providers and manual payments. Pento lets you run payroll in just a few clicks. It calculates taxes, integrates with platforms like Xero and makes all the payments and reports to HMRC & pension providers for you. Go to pento.io/insider to run payroll for free for the rest of the year.
Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Babs Ogundeyi , Rune Garborg, and Sharon Kimathi.
- WhatsApp gets approval for payments in India
- Kuda raises $10m to be the mobile first challenger bank for Africa
- HSBC to launch “Transferwise rival”
- Cash payments plummet to just four percent of transactions in Norway as central bank weighs up their options
- US Department of Justice, challenges Visa’s $5.3 billion acquisition of Plaid
- Klarna gets sued by Pablo Escobar’s brother-