465. News: FinCEN Files leak and NatWest carbon footprint tracker
Simon Taylor and Ross Gallagher are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: The FinCEN file leak, Tink continues path to European domination, and NationWide claps back again racism.
Our expert hosts, Simon Taylor and Ross Gallagher, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week.
This week's guests include:
- Olly Betts - Co-Founder and CEO at OpenWrks
- Valentina Kristensen - Director, Growth and Communication at OakNorth
We also hear sondbites from:
- Shane Riedel - Founder and CEO at Elucidate. Formerly Head of Financial Crime Compliance for Financial Institutions at Standard Chartered and Deputy MLRO at Goldman Sachs
- Georgina Bulkeley - Chief Operating Officer, Personal Banking at NatWest Group
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- The FinCEN file leak (01:50)
- HSBC moved Ponzi scheme millions despite warning (12.20)
- Tink continues path to European domination by acquiring OpenWrks' account aggregation platform (23:32)
- Natwest trials carbon footprint tracker for its customers (32:12)
- Klarna stands its ground amidst accusations (41:17)
- Chime is now worth 14.5 billion dollars! (49:42)
- Nationwide claps back again racism (1:02:35)
This podcast is brought to you by Jack Henry Digital the pioneer and creator of personal digital banking that helps community financial institutions strategically differentiate their digital offerings from those of MegaBanks, BigTechs and FinTechs.
This podcast is also brought to you by Mitek (NASDAQ: MITK). Mitek is a global leader in mobile capture and digital identity verification solutions built on the latest advancements in computer vision, artificial intelligence and machine learning. Mitek’s identity verification solutions enable an enterprise to verify a user’s identity during a digital transaction, which assists businesses operating in highly regulated markets to reduce financial risk and meet regulatory requirements while increasing revenue from digital channels. Financial services, marketplaces and other organizations around the world use Mitek to reduce friction creating the digital experiences their customers expect. Mobile Deposit® and Mobile Verify® are used by millions of consumers for check deposit, new account opening and more. The company is based in San Diego with offices in New York, London, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Paris and St Petersburg. Learn more at www.miteksystems.com.
Banking as a Service is deconstructing the banking stack.
It's enabling brands to embed finance more easily, and to tailor financial products to specific customer needs.
This is presenting new opportunities for specialised providers and offers banks extra revenue streams.
Download our report for a comprehensive, no BS view of what Banking as a Service is and what it means for the industry.
Head to bit.ly/bankingasaservice.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Georgina Bulkeley, Olly Betts, Shane Riedel, and Valentina Kristensen.