447. News: Can finance ever be fully democratised?
Simon Taylor and Ross Gallagher are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Robinhood abandons its UK launch amid criticism of their platform; Klarna reins in their lockdown lending and Monzo re-launch their Plus product.
Simon and Ross are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Alex Marsh, Senior Analytics Director at Klarna
- Anna Irrera, Fintech reporter, Reuters
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Robinhood scraps UK launch amid mounting scrutiny of trading platform (1:16)
- Klarna: We tightened our lending in lockdown (16:36)
- Monzo (re)launch Monzo Plus (29:28)
- Goldman and Mastercard invest in Bond (40:19)
- UK Government kicks off fintech review and we hear from the Economic Secretary to the Treasury (51:02)
- Missing Wirecard exec Marsalek under protection of GRU in Moscow (1:01:35)
Fintech Insider listeners, we need you!
We’d love it if you could take a few minutes to give us your feedback and suggestions to help shape the future of the show!
To help us out, please visit bit.ly/FintechInsiderSurvey to take a short survey.
It shouldn’t take more than 5 mins to complete but it would mean so much to us.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Alex Marsh and Anna Irrera.