443. News: Square’s $55bn valuation - a wakeup call for big banks?
TITLE: NEWS / INSIGHTS Simon Tayor and Jason Bates are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Square's new valuation; 16 EU banks team up to take on Visa and Mastercard and we keep ypu updated with the new unravellings in the Wirecard story.
Simon and Jason are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Alex Frean, Head of Corporate Affairs at Starling
- Mike Dudas, Chairman of the Board at The Block
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Square Rally Sends Valuation Into Ranks of Biggest U.S. Banks
- EU banks to take on Visa, Mastercard with new payments system
- Starling do all the things including launching a dollar account, an SMB toolkit and applying for more remedies funding
- SocGen acquire NeoBank Shine
- The mysterious case of Wirecard’s missing COO
- 123456 is still most popular online password
This podcast is brought to you by Equinix. Equinix is the world's largest data center & colocation provider, enabling fastest application performance, lowest latency and a digital ecosystem for financial services. Its platform of 200+ data centres worldwide protects, connects and empowers the mission-critical infrastructure for over 10,000 businesses.
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Alexandra Frean and Mike Dudas.