421. News: US SMEs await new stimulus funds as fintech valuations soar
Sam Maule and Simon Taylor are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the biggest global stories of the last 7 days, including: new stimulus funding in the US; new fundraises and valuations for Stripe and Robinhood; and ShackShack give back their $10million stimulus.
Our expert hosts, Sam Maule and Simon Taylor, are joined by some great guests on both sides of the Atlantic to talk about the most notable and global fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Lance Homer, Global Head of Digital Payments and Banking Ecosystem, Equinix
- Anna Irrera, Fintech Correspondent and Financial Companies Team Leader at Reuters
- Adrian Blair, CEO at Receipt Bank
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space, both related to COVID-19 and unrelated:
- Congress preps new stimulus funding - 3:38
- Mark Cuban advocates wait-and-see, cash-heavy investing approach - 15:24
- How the COVID-19 pandemic will accelerate digital financial services - 26:45
- Robinhood nears the end of its latest funding round 40.10
- Stripe raises $600 million in new funding 46:53
- Leaked pictures show Google’s new smart debit card - 52:32
- Shake Shack returning $10 million SMB loan 59:57
*This podcast is brought to you by Jack Henry Digital * the pioneer and creator of personal digital banking that helps community financial institutions strategically differentiate their digital offerings from those of MegaBanks, BigTechs and FinTechs.
So how do they do it? With the Banno Digital Platform—a complete, 100% API-enabled, open digital banking platform. You get beautiful, lightning-fast, native apps for your customers and members, and cloud-based, core-connected back office tools for your employees. You really have to see these products to fully understand the platform’s potential.
Visit banno.com to schedule a demo.
The COVID-19 pandemic has created an immediate financial and operational crisis, permanently reshaping the financial services industry. This change must be swift and unavoidable - check out our research report to find out more: Info.11fs.com/covid19
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email email@example.com!
Special Guests: Adrian Blair, Anna Irrera, and Lance Homer.