419. News: Fintechs step up to distribute relief funding
Sarah Kocianski and Simon Taylor are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: Starling and OakNorth join coronavirus loan programme, US fintechs to help distribute coronavirus aid, and a women-only neobank is coming to Brazil.
Our expert hosts, Sarah Kocianski and Simon Taylor, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Shafali Gupta - VP Strategy and Ops at Fluidly
- Roisin Levine - Head of Banks at Flux
- Erin Platts - Head of EMEA and President of UK Branch at Silicon Valley Bank
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- Starling Bank and OakNorth join coronavirus loan programme (02:53)
- PayPal, Intuit and Square to issue coronavirus relief in the US (16:15)
- US government in talks with Onfido about immunity passports (24:28)
- Morgan Stanley leads $34 million round in 86 400 (34:43)
- Visa invests in open banking and compliance platform Railsbank (42:13)
- Marcus launches point-of-sale lending product (48:57)
- A women-only neobank is coming to Brazil (56:03)
This podcast is brought to you by Mitek. Smart, automated and fast. Mitek helps you reduce fraud, create trust, and offer your customers the experience they value. Hundreds of AI-based analytics and face comparison algorithms work together to verify a user is truly the owner of their ID document in order to enable secure customer acquisition, fast money movement and prevent account takeover fraud. Document verification and facial biometrics work hand-in-hand to verify identities of users to provide them with a secure and convenient onboarding process.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/fintechinsiders where you can ask the hosts questions, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Special Guests: Erin Platts, Roisin Levine , and Shafali Gupta.
- Starling Bank and OakNorth join coronavirus loan programme
- PayPal, Intuit and Square to issue coronavirus relief in the US
- US government in talks with Onfido about immunity passports
- Morgan Stanley leads $34 million round in 86 400
- Visa invests in open banking and compliance platform Railsbank
- Marcus launches point-of-sale lending product
- A women-only neobank is coming to Brazil