397. News: Is N26 challenging the US banks?
Ross Gallagher and Adam Davis are joined by some great guests to talk about some of the most interesting stories of the last 7 days, including: N26 hits a quarter of a million US customers, FCA responds to banks’ new overdraft rates, and New York City to ban cashless businesses.
Our expert hosts, Ross Gallagher and Adam Davis, are joined by some great guests to talk about the most notable fintech, financial services and banking news from the past week. This week's guests include:
- Ian Fuller, CTO and Co-Founder of Freetrade
- Jonathan Lister Parsons, CTO at Pensionbee
- Roisin Levine, Head of Banks at Flux
We cover the following stories from the fintech and financial services space:
- N26 nabs 250,000 US customers in six months (02:53)
- FCA questions new overdraft rates (10:24)
- OakNorth brings former Chancellor onto advisory board (18:19)
- Community banks inject $9.5 million into Neocova (25:26)
- RBS CEO to fund women-led businesses (31:24)
- Goldman to deny IPOs to companies with non-diverse boards (37:20)
- New York City to ban cashless stores (42:59)
This episode is brought to you by FinovateEurope in Berlin on 11th – 13th February. Built around live, 7-minute demos of the latest fintech innovations, FinovateEurope is the continent’s premier fintech event. Network with more than 1200 senior-level attendees – with more than 50% from financial institutions. And gain insights from 150 expert speakers, who will be sharing their insights on the future of finance. For more information visit finovateeurope.com, and quote VIP Code 11FS for a 20% discount on your registration.
Love fintech? Then sign up for our newsletter, Fintech in Five. A snack-sized selection of the week's biggest stories, longer reads, soundbites and more. Just visit this link to sign up! 11fs.com/newsletter
Fintech Insider by 11:FS is a podcast dedicated to all things fintech, banking, technology and financial services. Hosted by a rotation of 11:FS experts including David Brear, Simon Taylor, Jason Bates, Leda Glyptis and Sarah Kocianski and joined by a range of brilliant guests, we cover the latest global news, bring you interviews from industry experts or take a deep dive into subject matters such as APIs, AI or digital banking.
If you enjoyed this episode, don't forget to subscribe and please leave a review
Special Guests: Ian Fuller, Jonathan Lister Parsons, and Roisin Levine .
- N26 nabs 250,000 US customers in six months
- FCA questions new overdraft rates
- OakNorth brings former Chancellor onto advisory board
- Community banks inject $9.5 million into Neocova
- RBS CEO to fund women-led businesses
- Goldman to deny IPOs to companies with non-diverse boards
- New York City to ban cashless stores